wATER QUALITY MONITORING
The Center’s latest commitment to marine conservation is the Cape Cod Bay Ocean Sanctuary & Monitoring Programs. The shared mission of the two programs is to:
- To study the quality and health of Cape Cod Bay through applied science and research
- To protect and when possible restore the Bay's estuaries and marshes, barrier beaches, creeks, rivers and harbors from human and natural threats
- To inform the public and decision makers about the natural resources of the Bay and threats to their long-term protection
- To advise local, state and federal resource managers about this unique marine environment
- To preserve Cape Cod Bay as a State Ocean Sanctuary, as defined by Chapter 132 of the General Laws of Massachusetts.